- …is designed to teach 21st century skills.
- …has a relatively low learning curve.
- …is a tool for teachers to create learning games.
- …engages students in authentic learning activities.
- …gives students ownership of learning.
Welcome to my site about Scratch. I have been a teaching/using scratch for over 4 years and I am happy to share my expertise with you. As you may know Scratch is developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab.
“Scratch is a programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art — and share your creations on the web. As young people create and share Scratch projects, they learn important mathematical and computational ideas, while also learning to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively.”